Saturday, August 30, 2008

Beach Pics

So, I guess I didn't do it right, but I am going to keep trying to figure it out. I thought that I would be able to post and pix at the same time, but I guess I didn't do it. Oh well. The important thing is that there are some pix for you to look at. We have some pix of Lexi in the pool. She really liked it, but I was too worried about staying out too long. In case you haven't noticed, she is so fair....I couldn't stand it if she got a sunburn. Even with the hat, full body swim suit and 50 spf sunblock, I wasn't going to take a chance. So, then we went to the Aquarium. On the way, we stopped in the Shark's Mouth....Kodak moment. I felt like Asian tourists. Then at the aquarium, Lex was really interested in the fish. She really enjoyed the dolphins. So did I. I just love them. All in all, a pretty good trip. It was nice to get away.

Right now, we are having another 3 day weekend. This one isn't so restful. We are on standby while Hurricane Gustuv comes hurtling into the Gulf. It is already a Category 4. Not good. It looks like it is on track to hit Louisiana, but Houston is still in the possible path. We'll know more over the next 24 hrs. We've been stocking up on food, so if we do stay, we should be able to eat for a couple of weeks. Even w/out power. But, no A/C. That will not be cool. We are also ready to leave if we need to. We filled up both trucks, and have 10 gallons of gas in cans on standby. Hopefully we don't have to leave, but if we do, we are ready. Hugs and kisses to all.

No comments: