Monday, September 15, 2008

Latest Update.....From SLC

After Ike had come and gone, we were left with feelings of uncertainity of what would be waiting for us in Houston. We had spoken to some neighbors and friends, and while everyone is affected in some way or another, we were lucky. Nick and I debated on whether or not I should go back with Lexi. We knew that we didn't have power, but weren't sure about much else. We decided it would be best if I headed to SLC/ID and spend some time here until things in Houston get staightened out. Our babysitter is out of town, so we don't have childcare for me to go back to work. It is still pretty hot down there, and a 6 mth old baby in a house with no A/C would be pretty miserable. And a hop, skip and jump on some airplanes, I flew out of DFW that night into Salt Lake. I'm staying at Matt and Tara's right now. Nick went to Houston this morning. He says the house is fine, no damage, but no power, and the roads are a mess. He said he had to make a few turns to get to our road. There were fences down, trees down, power lines down. In the neighborhood that we live in, no stores are open. A few gas stations, but he said the cars were lined up down the road and there was a 15 gallon limit. The fridge was dead, but some of the hamburger we had in the deep freezer was still cold, so he had hamburgers on the grill. We got a generator while we were in Dallas, and he loaded up with gas on the way out. So, he hooked up the fridge and the TV, of course. Monday Night Football. He said it was like camping...however I don't remember MNF on any of our camping trips.....oh well.
So, as far as work for me goes....well, we'll see if I have a job when I get back. Nick went and talked to my director today. Isn't that nice. I'm such a chicken that I send my husband in to do my dirty work. Since Nick and I work at the same place, he knows my managers and director. So, we'll see what extenuating circumstances this will mean for me and my job. I don't have my camera, so I don't have any pics to put on. Nick has the camera. He has been taking pics of the destruction in Houston. So, one of these days I will have some cool pics to put on. As of now, you just get to listen to me ramble on. So, with that said, ya'll have a good one.

1 comment:

Julie and Chris said...

Lynsey glad to hear you guys are fine. If you want check out our blog,warning you it's kind of boring. I'm not too good with loading the picture.http://pittsburghrns.blogspot.com