Monday, September 22, 2008

Hell-o from Eye-da-ho

Well, it has been an interesting week to say the least. I can't say that I have missed work one bit...hm. I am sure that I will miss it when payday rolls around. It has been nice coming home in an unexpected way. I love to see the fam. I miss them so much. Living away has been good for us, but I do love to come home. Even if that means seeing people that I know in the grocery store. Oh well.
So, Nick has been enjoying his time "camping" at our house. We are still without power. I guess that they are getting more and more people back on line everyday...hopefully not too much longer for us. As much as I love being home, I am really missing my hubby, and I know that he is REALLY missing baby Lex. Not to mention that he has been eating mostly protien....all the food in the fridge was bad by the time that he got to Houston, but the meat that we had in the deep freezer was thawing, but cold. So, he has been eating steak and hamburger pretty much since he has been back. Not sure how that is treating the digestive system. Plus, I am sure that he is trashing the house. No power, no dishwasher, no washer and dryer...I know that we have a generator, but I think that is being used to power the TV. Sunday was football day. Not sure what else he has plugged into it. A fan, probably. It had cooled off a bit last week, but was starting to get hot again this weekend. So, I am definitely not going back until the power is back on. I am too spoiled now. If there isn't A/C, I won't be there. A/C in Rexburg is nice, but you only really need it for 1-2 months of the year. I am in Rexburg at the perfect time. It has been a lovely fall-like week. Something that I have been missing for some time. Houston doesn't really have seasons, so it has been nice.
Anyway, enough of the rambling. Hopefully this "evacuation" will be done soon, and I will be back to normal before too long. I haven't had my camera, so I can't post pics, and I am sure that all my rambling w/o pics is BORING. But, when I get back, Nick says that he has some great pics of hurricane damage, so that should give you something to look forward, too. Maybe we can get some photos of Lexi with Gramma's fancy camera and post them.

No comments: